Residency Building was built in 1922 and located at the top of Resident Hill in Kuala Lipis.
The building was the residential of British Officers during the British occupancy in Pahang.
Hugh Clifford was the first occupant of Residency Building who was the Resident of British Colonial in Pahang.
Residency Building was remained as dwelling building for British Residents until the outbreak of World War Two from 1942 to 1945.
From 1950 to 1965, Kuala Lipis Residency Building was turned into a hostel for Clifford School pupils.
After that, Residency Building was desolated before using as government rest house in 1983.
In 1983, Lipis Museum Corner was set up at Residency Building for displaying cultural and historical information of Kuala Lipis.
During our visit to Residency Building in 2013, the building have become a lodging place that’s Resident Inn.